General Directorate of Trade Promotion (GDTP) is a government organization under supervision of the Ministry of Commerce of Kingdom of Cambodia responsible for trade policy development and strategic planning, market development, domestic products promotion, exports promotion, exhibitions coordination, and acts as Cambodian Inter-Ministerial Committee for Participation in the World Expo and the International Trade Exhibitions and coordination with One Village One Product National Committee.
General Directorate of Trade Promotion consists of three departments. Department of Exhibition Affairs, Development of Market Department and Department of Trade Policy, lead by one Director-General and assisting by Four Deputy Director-General:
To enhance and strengthening capacity of producers, Cambodian’s SMEs on products development initiative, markets diversification, export promotion and business linkage from production base to markets-driven.
To be a Trade Promotion Organization focus on trade policy development, products and human resource development and markets expansion for Cambodian products and Service.
- Prepare and develop trade policy and strategic plan for trade promotion;
- Research and develop local and overseas markets;
- Organize and participate in local, overseas and international trade fairs and exhibitions and world expos, promote and encourage trade visitors, producers, investors and businessmen to attend;
- Coordinate the work of Bureau of International Expos and acts as Cambodian Inter-Ministerial Committee for Participation in the World Expo and the International Trade Exhibitions;
- Cooperate and collaborate with regional and international trade promotion partners;
- Coordinate with and implementation of One Village One Product movement.
- Organize and participate in local, overseas and international trade fairs and exhibitions and world expos, promote and encourage trade visitors, producers, investors and businessmen to attend.
- Issue license for event organizer, business association and service providers to organize trade fairs and exhibitions, products display and promotion events in the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- Products selection for markets presentation.
- Organize business matching, market consultation and exchange of trade mission between Cambodia-Foreign partners.
- Products development in the framework of One Village One Products initiative.